Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Forum Index » General 4x4




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:13 pm 
90 day'd out

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:16 pm
Posts: 9305
Location: Southern Mississippi
Mighty Whitey wrote:
Why not notch the frame ?


Did you look at the tie rod end? BGs question was do I have the right end......It is right?

_________________
Brad


Top 
   
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:40 pm 
Webwheeler
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:33 pm
Posts: 4018
Location: Where ever welding is needed.
Same part # that walter had on his 60. its not the rod end that ur problem, its the clearance of your steering. MOST and i said most people who install 60's have somewhat of a arched spring pack where as yours is completely flat. Look at Ballistics chevy 1 ton steering kit. Its the same as what you got but urs is cheaper.

_________________
Boomhower voice
"Mandemdangumoleboywtihdemtrucksbigoletiressheetmetaldamagemandontcare." end Boomhower voice


Top 
   
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:43 pm 
90 day'd out

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:16 pm
Posts: 9305
Location: Southern Mississippi
Mighty Whitey wrote:
Same part # that walter had on his 60. its not the rod end that ur problem, its the clearance of your steering. MOST and i said most people who install 60's have somewhat of a arched spring pack where as yours is completely flat. Look at Ballistics chevy 1 ton steering kit. Its the same as what you got but urs is cheaper.


TJ...look at the nut on the end of the tie rod...(ie no threads to put a cotter pin thru) and look at how high it sits on the arm......does the hole in the arm need to be bigger to have the tie rod slide down farther?

Image

_________________
Brad


Top 
   
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:45 pm 
Webwheeler
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:52 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: SC... on your mom
Brad wrote:
Mighty Whitey wrote:
Why not notch the frame ?


Did you look at the tie rod end? BGs question was do I have the right end......It is right?


correct... shaker sends his junk out in a kit. i could not use the crossover yet as my coilovers are in the way... so i have a chevy tre on a ford knuck... well i have the same problem with the threads not sticking out from the nut. if you look at te ruber cap it is not even tight... i wold say the taper on your end does no juve with your arms... or here is a buch or pain or trash in them. something is up there.

as far as the hitting... throw an arch leaf in there just to raise it a tad

_________________
87 toy... mostly stock

traction bars are for drag cars!

G.D.I. Mo. Fo.


Top 
   
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:37 pm 
Webwheeler
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3898
Location: Mobile, Al
BigGreenMonster wrote:
i wold say the taper on your end does no juve with your arms...



ding ding ding

Looks to me like you need to ream the arm or get the correct TRE for the drag link.

_________________
happy... happy... happy...


Top 
   
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:25 pm 
90 day'd out
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:11 pm
Posts: 1928
+1, those are going to tink off pretty easily.
Try the ES2234R tie rod ends. I have them under warranty at AZ

_________________
Own3d by murphy


Top 
   
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:20 pm 
4-Wheeling God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:01 am
Posts: 842
Location: Biloxi, MS
You need to limit that ram before you rip the box off the frame...or get a longer pitman arm (waggy)

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.p ... pitman+arm

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.p ... pitman+arm

to limit your ram

https://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.asp? ... t%20collar

_________________
the Ultimate Mall Crawler Toyota


Top 
   
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:35 pm 
90 day'd out
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:11 pm
Posts: 1928
Brad I have a spare waggy pitman arm if you want it....

_________________
Own3d by murphy


Top 
   
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:24 pm 
90 day'd out

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:16 pm
Posts: 9305
Location: Southern Mississippi
Nick@lockitup wrote:
Brad I have a spare waggy pitman arm if you want it....


Hell yeah......I suppose its at the house?

_________________
Brad


Top 
   
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:30 pm 
90 day'd out

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:16 pm
Posts: 9305
Location: Southern Mississippi
I have a astro pitman arm...its longer than the arm I have now and its flat.....

Looking at the pirate post he has the same set up I have...yj box, d60 axle and TJ pitman arm.

_________________
Brad


Top 
   
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:36 pm 
90 day'd out

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:16 pm
Posts: 9305
Location: Southern Mississippi
Reggie wrote:
You need to limit that ram before you rip the box off the frame...or get a longer pitman arm (waggy)

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.p ... pitman+arm

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.p ... pitman+arm

to limit your ram

https://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.asp? ... t%20collar


Thanks reggie!!!! gonna do this on the weekend!

_________________
Brad


Top 
   
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:10 pm 
Site Admin/Club Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:47 pm
Posts: 28152
Location: Louisville, KY
ugh... 13th hour work.. :P


Top 
   
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:16 pm 
90 day'd out
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:11 pm
Posts: 1928
Brad wrote:
I have a astro pitman arm...its longer than the arm I have now and its flat.....

Looking at the pirate post he has the same set up I have...yj box, d60 axle and TJ pitman arm.

It's actually here. I have a spare TRE too. If you really want them i could ship it tommorow or wed

_________________
Own3d by murphy


Top 
   
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:49 pm 
4-Wheeling God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:01 am
Posts: 842
Location: Biloxi, MS
Brad wrote:
Reggie wrote:
You need to limit that ram before you rip the box off the frame...or get a longer pitman arm (waggy)

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.p ... pitman+arm

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.p ... pitman+arm

to limit your ram

https://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.asp? ... t%20collar


Thanks reggie!!!! gonna do this on the weekend!


no prob!!!

_________________
the Ultimate Mall Crawler Toyota


Top 
   
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:51 am 
Webwheeler
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:33 pm
Posts: 4018
Location: Where ever welding is needed.
john sweet wrote:
or get the correct TRE for the drag link.

I got him the rod ends and i got the part #s off walter which are the same #'s that came off the dana 60 bible on pirate. I had the same problem with my rod end on the highsteer arm. Wrong part # ???????

_________________
Boomhower voice
"Mandemdangumoleboywtihdemtrucksbigoletiressheetmetaldamagemandontcare." end Boomhower voice


Top 
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Board index » Forum Index » General 4x4


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron